Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Roots Run Deep

My Roots Run Deep
I am me, one-of-a-kind,
No one will upset me nor
Confuse my mind;
I am me, one and only
And I refuse to sit idle, to
Be sad, or to feel lonely,
What you touch and your eyes see,
Is just the outside image of me;
I am a precious evergreen, and I am standing tall,
When storms of disgust are raging
And the winds of adversity blowing,
I will gracefully lean, but I will not fall;
My roots run deep,
Knitting themselves together,
Sprouting along the way,
They're bound tighter each and ev'ry day;
There's no need to worry nor to fret,
For my roots run deep and l o n g
And I am not tired yet;
I am valuable and I have class,
I am LOVE and known to last,
There is no time for me to stop,
I'm climbing above the mountain top;
I'm smoothing ev'ry lump and ev'ry bump,
I am paving the way,
For you to walk someday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ms. Cora,
You are truly a talented writer! Remember me when you make it big like Maya Angelo!