Friday, May 18, 2012

The Joy of Wisdom

 "Knowledge Comes Wisdom Lingers,"motto of Eliza Miller High School 1964 graduating class. Wisdom is knowing how to use knowledge.

I was immediately touched by these words and they continue to linger(approximately 48 years) with me.     As time passed there were circumstances and situations that caused me to actually  apply these words.  I learned to cope with 'valley' days as well as enjoy the' mountain-top.'  I inadvertantly opened  doors that initiated many unpleasant experiences...while at the same time I just knew what I was doing as well as what I was saying...at least this is what I thought.  You see, having knowledge will not make the cut if you ignorantly misuse it.  This is why  'wisdom' is needed before you do/or say anything that may include and/or involve others.   It's good to know...but careful to speak or show.  

Now during my life's  travels... I'm learning how to use knowledge... and 'wisdom' is a joy.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    


No comments: