Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SCARS OF THE WORLD

Praise God for you, Mom,
I'm back home,
Where I belong,
I know you have spent many restless nights,
Praying for me to be alright;

I know that I caused you much sadness and sorrow,

Even at times...your last dime,

And all you could scrap and borrow;

I've caused your heart to throb and to ache,

Because I refused to give,

I was eager to take;

All night roaming, rambling,

Drinking hard liquor,

Cussing and gambling;

I was disgusting and shameful to see,

And now I bear the scars of the world on me;

Oh! how I praise Jesus, the Son of God,

For cleansing and purifying my heart;

I am so happy to be delivered and free,

And Mom, I know it's all because

You didn't stop praying for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selection: from Complete Bits and Pieces

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words of Encouragement: " Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace."


No comments: