Saturday, May 16, 2009

REFLECTION

Reflection
Reflection

Tell me what do you see when you look at me?

When I look at you, I see deep-seated unrest and concerns that surround humanity--I see layers upon layers of compassion, sympathy and desires; I see anxiety to make changes in unfavorable conditions and adverse situations. I see masses of scars that are memoirs of struggles for survival. I see deep imprints beyond your footsteps and bruises lodged around your heart from pressure of carrying heavy burdens and weights; I see watery eyes holding back tears of sorrow, because of the seemingly endless weeping through the night from agonizing internal pains that you suffered alone. I see facial lines from question marks in your forehead because of the many times that you wondered why you felt locked in shackles of poverty and that every key you used to gain freedom seemed to fail you. I see remnants of anger that once flourished because of the inconsideration that you found when you sought help among people who could've helped if they would've only taken time to care. I see disappointments because of hyprocracy and dishonesty practiced in high places. I see fear and doubt--conditions that preyed upon your hope and faith--trying to hinder you from moving forward; but most of all, I see MOUNTAINS of inner strength bursting through with power and force of many mighty armies--fearless as a den of deadly cobras, ready to strike and to capture all opposition--moving forward and upward to higher plateaus!!!

Aaah--At last, I see iron-clad victory and billowy-white clouds of peace overshadowing your entire Being, applauding your persistence as you graciously smile and say, "it is well, thank you Lord."

Now you may ponder, "how can you see all of this when you look at me?" "Well, I can see all this when I look at you, because when I look at you, I see a woman who fears and reverences God, I see a woman who LOVES--I see ME."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: