Wednesday, December 31, 2008

CHANGE

Dear Readers:
Greetings to you all in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I trust that you all had a blessed and merry Christmas...spending time with your families, friends, and love ones...giving, sharing, and worshipping our Lord. I was and am truly blessed to witness this wonderful season.
As we embark upon the new year, I am looking forward to and have decided that I need "Change;" I desire "Change," and will have "Change." I will contend for the faith and anointing that breaks the yoke of bondage. I desire that my life will reflect the love of God among His people; that I will walk in the Spirit, that as I cross the path of those who are in need of and are seeking for joy, peace, contentment and compassion, that I will be sensitive to that need or needs and that I will hear from God to be of service for [Him] in meeting the need or needs of His people.
I am convinced that we (born-again, Spirit-filled Christians) are left on earth to serve our fellowman. Yes, to serve. We are servants of God. To serve God, we serve His people. Because of love we serve one another. This pleases God.
The Holy Spirit has provided instructions (the Holy Bible) for us to follow. If we love God we will obey His instructions. When we really know Jesus we will want others to know Him.
In effort to serve, we must live it...our strongest testimony is our daily life. In order to serve, we must love people...not pretend to love. The other person knows our motive immediately.
My "Change" is spending more time studying God's Word, obeying God's Word and truly loving God's people. I praise God for His unconditional love and for planting concerned born-again, Spirit-filled people in my path over 40 years ago. These people of God were responsible for planting seeds of love into my life that led me to Jesus, and I have not regretted one second of this new life. Praise the Lord for them and their obedience to His voice.
God loves the soul more than all creation. He fashioned it after His own image and made it like unto Himself. Every soul has departed from God and gone astray, and God has bought every soul back again with a price. That price was in, and through, and by Jesus Christ. God loves every soul with an everlasting love.
As born-again, Spirit-filled Christians, let's make it our "Change" to remember our responsibility to pray for all men, and especially for those who are in leadership roles; home, family, local assemblies, churches, and synagogues; leaders in County, State and Federal government. We must pray without ceasing. We cannot forget that our warfare is not physical...but spiritual, and that our Spiritual weapons; the belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, shoes of the gospel of peace, shield of faith, helmet of salvation and sword of the Spirit must be in our arsenal for Spiritual warfare.
Jesus said to His Disciples, "Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet."
My "Change", When people observe my life, I want them to see the love of Christ.
SUPPORTING SCRIPTURES: John 13:14, Acts 2:28; 20:19, Romans 7:6; 8:28, Galatians 5:13, Ephesians 6:14-18, II Timothy 2:15; 3:15-16, and James 5:16.

No comments: